INWA NORDIC WALKING INSTRUCTOR
NEXT COURSE 9/10 May 2014
Nordic walking provides a great opportunity to work in green spaces in the fresh air in rural and urban locations. Our instructors find teaching people to Nordic walk is enjoyable and offers a rewarding lifestyle. Being a Nordic walking instructor can be a full time job or compliment an existing career.
Who are nordic walking instructors?
There are currently some 800 INWA qualified nordic walking instructors in the UK. They come from a variety of different backgrounds including personal trainers, gym instructors, Pilates teachers, physiotherapists, osteopaths, GP’s, cardiac rehab specialists, community workers, Outward Bound instructors, teachers, park rangers, retired people, walk leaders, outdoor enthusiasts, complimentary therapists, fell runners, mountain leaders, career changers and people who just love nordic walking.
Why train with British Nordic Walking?
Barefoot Studio is the home of National Nordic Walking Coach, Karen Ingram. She is the co-founder of British Nordic Walking. British Nordic Walking is the only training body accredited by INWA (International Nordic Walking Federation). INWA have developed an international standard for Nordic walking instructor training. This leading qualification is recognised in over 30 different countries. All our course tutors are INWA National Coaches who keep their skills bang up to date by attending regular international conferences on Nordic Walking practice and theory.
British Nordic Walking offers courses across the UK from our centres in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
What courses do we offer?
We offer two qualifications, ‘Nordic Walking Instructor’, and ‘Nordic Walk Leader’.
The Nordic Walking Instructor qualification is a two-day course. You will:
- Understand the history and benefits of Nordic Walking
- Learn about the three levels of Nordic Walking for Health, Fitness and Sport
- Learn to teach the health and fitness method in safe environments
- Find out how to set up classes in your area
- Must have prior experience of Nordic Walking. If you’d like us to arrange a lesson for you please contact us
- Preferred that you have a fitness instructing, teaching or medical background; or are a walk leader
- There is a two part assessment on day 2 of the course including both written and practical aspects.
- If you need to retake any part of the assessment you can do this free of charge up to three months after your course at any of our training locations
If you have any questions about these pre-requisites or any other aspects of the course please call one of our course tutors for a chat on 0845 301 1347.
After the course
Once you have passed the written and practical exams you will be awarded with the INWA Nordic Walking Instructor Certificate and you can then teach, provided that you have suitable kit and can satisfy all the health and safety conditions that are covered on the course.
Click here for the latest course dates