“It is the mind itself that shapes the body” – Joseph H Pilates
“In 10 sessions you will feel the difference, in 20 you will see the difference in 30 you’ll have a whole new body”.
Joseph Pilates believed that exercise should be thoughtful – combining mental and physical conditioning to develop a strong mind and body. His work is as relevant today as it was in 1967 when he died (at the age of 84 and still working), if not more so.
The original exercises that Joe created were mat based but over time, in order to help build the flexibility and strength of his clients he created the various pieces of studio equipment including the Reformer, Chair, Arc Barrel and Cadillac.
- 1 -JUST ASK – Ring one of our Studio team on 01446 775772 or email if you want advice on the best route for you.
- 2 -FIRST STEPS – If you are new to Pilates or Nordic Walking then you will probably want to book onto one of our intro courses. These run really regularly, just ring for the latest dates.
- 3 -JUST FOR YOU – If you have an injury or just prefer a more individual approach then you can book a one to one session. Ring one of our studio team who will book you in with the best qualified Instructor for your needs. If you would like us to liaise with your physio, consultant or GP we can do this too.
- 4 -FLEXIBLE – Our programme is really flexible and you can choose to come to a different class each week if you like. We offer daytime, evening and weekend classes, and you can book on line or by phone or in person.
- 5 -LOVE IT! – Enjoy your new class and remember you can ask us at any time for advice on how to keep improving and enjoying your Barefoot experience.
We believe that movement should be expressive, free from pain and above all joyful.
Barefoot Studio specialises in Pilates and Nordic Walking, our teachers are all highly qualified with some of the best schools in the UK. We offer Pilates matwork classes at many levels from healthy back classes for people in pain through to Advanced Classical matwork. Nordic Walking adds a cardiovascular workout and also helps you develop good and active posture. Our experienced and knowledgeable studio staff can guide you to the right class for you, choose from:
All our classes are taught in small groups of no more than 12 people or in one to one private sessions. The environment is supportive and non competitive and students are encouraged to develop at their own pace.