who we are
Barefoot Studio is a vibrant company that works with you to help you find and realise your full potential.
We believe that movement should be expressive, free from pain and above all joyful. Our approach is warm and will relax you as you build strength and flexibility from the feet up. Life is a journey full of movement and we want to enjoy every minute of the ride!
Barefoot Studio is one of the leading Pilates studio’s in the UK, combined with an unrivaled team of therapists and a cool collection of women’s activewear, footwear and equipment to help you enjoy an active, healthy and happy lifestyle.
- 2001 -Co-founder Karen Ingram trained as a Body Control Pilates Instructor and started teaching Pilates in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
- 2005 -Barefoot Studio opened in Cowbridge in March of this year bringing together under one roof everything that ever helped Karen with her spinal health. Paula Wooding created our shop, dedicated to women who move and still want to look and feel good.
- 2006 -Barefoot Studio brought Nordic Walking to Wales and Karen became the National Nordic Walking Coach for Wales
- NOW -Our team has grown, we now have 3 Pilates Instructors with Therese Holmes and Paula Warren joining Karen. We have an unrivaled team of therapists who are all the best at what they do.
- NEXT -Karen Ingram is now a Level 4 Lower Back Pain specialist and is a Peak Pilates Master Instructor, Barefoot Studio is now the UK’s official Peak Pilates Education Centre, watch this space!
A Professional team
Our Instructors are qualified with some of the worlds leading Pilates and Nordic Walking educators.